The holiday season is in full swing now. The weather is getting chillier, black Friday sales are popping up, and stores have holiday displays in full swing. It’s the time of year to take note of what you are thankful for as the end of the year approaches.
At Oxford Planning Group, we are especially thankful this year as we are preparing for the arrival of a new team member. Kirsten and her husband, Kieran, are expecting their first baby together in the Spring of 2023. Don’t worry, she won’t be leaving us. We are excited about this great news and for Kirsten’s continued growth in the firm.
Big life changes such as this often prompt some important financial planning questions:
- Do you have enough life insurance?
- Are your beneficiaries up to date?
- What does your health insurance cover and do you want to make changes at the next open enrollment?
- Do you need to begin education planning?
The holiday season is also a great time to think about year-end planning.
- Have you maxed out retirement plans?
- Should you open a ROTH IRA?
- Charitable giving and deductions for the year (if over 70 ½, should you gift from your IRA)
- Planning budgets for the upcoming year.
- Setting goals for the upcoming year.
We hope you and your families have a great holiday and enjoy some fun traditions together.
From all of us at Oxford Planning Group
Shaun Tricia Kirsten